Devil Dogs != Troll
My Name is Timothy Murray, I entered the first Devil Dogs Drum And Bugle Corp Post.
IT IS NOT A TROLl!!!
I am very new to Wiki stuff and I did march with the corp and do love it.
Please bear with me/us as we get our corps represented properly on the site.
I am going to post this a bunch of places under the devil dogs banner so you guys don't delete it, there are a bunch of us out there, just don't go deleting it while we get our stuff together.
- Hi Timothy, I know it's not a troll as you can see if you look at the Devil Dogs discussion page. Please don't post information about the corps itself elsewhere, but instead edit the main Devil Dogs page. I have save all your material in the talk page for now. --Sam King 09:05, 7 March 2006 (PST)
Talk Page Archives
/Archive 1 Aug 2005 - Feb 2006
Help (Nite Express)
Hey, I just began a page on Nite Express. Would you help me out with things I need to link? I haven't quite figured it out yet.
- I have just added some "wikification" and some categories. Looks like you've made a good start to the article! --Sam King 21:06, 20 May 2006 (PDT)
Cadets of NYC/Vision Elite
Vision Elite is actually CNYC with a new name, so the pages should be merged I would believe. How do you do that?
- There isn't an automatic way to do it. Someone would need to take the material from Cadets of New York City and add that to the material in the Vision Elite article. The same should be done with talk:Cadets of New York City and talk:Vision Elite. After that was done the Cadets of New York City should be changed to a redirect to Vision Elite by removing all the material and adding #REDIRECT [[Vision Elite]]. Please make sure you are correct that this is just a name change before you merge the articles. If this is a separate organization in any way, even if there is only a difference in the legal name of the organization, then the old article should stay with a soft redirect at the top of the article like this:
- For the drum corps, Vision Elite, see the article: Vision Elite
- --Sam King 10:37, 30 August 2006 (PDT)
Some people are categorized by their last name and some are by their first. What are your thoughts on this? /WikiSysop/ 08:33, 11 September 2006 (PDT)
- Re: Category:People My instinct is to go by last name, however the Wiki precedent is to go by first name and due to the nature of wikis I think this works best. It would be easier just to make re-directs for the people who have been set up with a last-name-first article title. That is, move the articles to a first name, lastname titled article. --Sam King 09:53, 11 September 2006 (PDT)
- The page name (and listing on the category page) can be FirstName LastName, but the category page can be sorted by LastName, FirstName. For example, instead of using [[Category:People]] on the person's bio page, use [[Category:People|Hopkins, George]]. This way, they'll be sorted by their last name on the Category page, but the page title will be FirstName LastName. Just a thought, since the category page is inconsistent right now. -- 13:00, 13 September 2006 (PDT)
- I did not know that! It shall be as you suggest as that will be the most intuitive way to handle it. --Sam King 18:13, 13 September 2006 (PDT)
i marched in regiment this past summer and we did NOT do the 'leg wedge'.. also ive never heard it been called that.. ive always heard it being called "the kick-out"...
- Hi Brasshoss, I didn't add that particular piece of content to the Signature Effects article. (Hmm, that title should probably be 'Signature effects'). This disccussion probably belongs in the talk page there anyway, so I will copy this much to that talk page. It is best to repond to changes in articles in the associated talk page so everyone else who is interested in that article can read and discuss your thoughts on it. Don't forget to sign your posts in talk pages. --Sam King 11:26, 26 October 2006 (PDT)
Hi Sam I was wondering if you would add the Red Carpet Association RCA on the main page as many senior corps belonged and were never a part of DCA.
- Sure John. That seems a legitimate addition. We may have to eventually redesign the main page as there are a lot of organizations with claims to fame. --Sam King 07:45, 9 January 2007 (PST)
Expression of appreciation
Thanks for the welcome template, for resolving my question about where Impulse belongs, and for all the work you are putting into this wiki. -- BobTuba 01:29, 8 April 2007 (PDT)
- Thanks Bob. I am glad to see some other regular contributors here these days. I think there is beginning to be a DCW community of sorts. --Sam King 09:49, 9 April 2007 (PDT)
I'm going to work on upgrading DrumCorpsWiki to the latest MediaWiki over the next week or so. I've also had to block Googlebot from accessing the site because it's bringing down the entire server. I'll let you know how things go. /WikiSysop/ 18:20, 7 May 2007 (PDT)